Tullow Ghana, operator of the Jubilee Field, has resumed gas exports to the Atuabo Gas Processing Plant following the swift resolution of a technical issue on the FPSO Kwame Nkrumah (KNK).
In a statement released on Tuesday, the company confirmed that gas exports, which had been temporarily suspended over the weekend due to a gas system trip on the FPSO, resumed on Monday, May 12.

“As of Monday, 12 May, we resumed exporting approximately 100 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) of gas to the Atuabo gas processing plant, which will contribute to supporting Ghana’s domestic energy needs,” the statement said.
The restoration of gas flow is expected to enhance power generation capacity across the country and ease the burden on alternative energy sources.
The FPSO Kwame Nkrumah, Tullow’s flagship production hub in the Jubilee Field offshore Ghana, has been instrumental to Ghana’s energy sector since its deployment in 2010. The vessel, named after Ghana’s first President, has a production capacity of 120,000 barrels of oil per day and 160 million standard cubic feet of gas per day.

Tullow emphasized its ongoing dedication to operational excellence and energy reliability.
“We remain committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations that contribute to Ghana’s energy security,” the company said.
This latest development follows a previously scheduled 16-day maintenance shutdown of the Jubilee Field earlier this year, aimed at optimizing production efficiency and upgrading critical systems. During that period, Tullow Ghana worked closely with the government to mitigate potential power supply disruptions by sourcing gas from the TEN fields.
With exports back online, stakeholders are optimistic that Tullow’s swift intervention and technical capabilities will continue to bolster Ghana’s energy resilience in the face of occasional offshore challenges.